DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, December 14, 2008

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009

Date: 7th Dec 09
Time: 5:30am
Distance: 42.195km
Event: Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009


I have registered for the event when the event is launched during the infancy period. It was more like kiasu rather than i am keen on the event. SCSM is super low on my running list, run or not, is like depend on weather for the day!

Medically and physically i am not in good shape to run. Nevertheless, my experience tell me i can manage it, just a matter of timing. Most probably struggle from mid point and endure till the end. The point is do i want to go through those "dark path" again.

D- Day i was at the starting point with Francis, Joanna, Philipe, Yankee, Terence, Stuck and Huishan. It wasn't an exciting running atmosphere as previous year. Maybe it is just me that is not "looking" towards it. More like training run for me. This kind of feeling suck. This is marathon day and i don't feel any excitement. Marathon isn't that excited anymore. Sigh.


This is my 10th 42.195km event. Is it alot? I guess the counting will stop soon. Every event is a "bonus" nowaday.

I want to run this event as part of the build up for Disney Marathon in Jan 09. On one hand, i want to run and see how far i am behind now. On the other hand, i dread seeing myself struggling behind.

Tao came over and tell me before the race that she want to run with me throughout the race. I know her intention all along, i wanted to say no...but..i just couldn't bear to say it. How do i feel about someone scarfice her run just for me! After training so long for a marathon and run at a snail pace!

I pop in 2 tablets before the run. 9-10km another 2 more. 20km have 2 more. 30km another dose of 2. At close to 32km, all hell break loose and i have my final 2 more tablets and decide to walk the rest of the distance.

I have "cheated" - just to delay the inveitable. From that point of view, i think i "control" it very well. But at what expense of the health am i swapping for? I don't dare to think about it.

Weather is kind to us today. Supporters are pretty okay, just patches of supporters along the routen as usual. The run is slow pace. Take it easy and move along pretty oaky. We chit chat and run together. It is good to have a buddy to run along.

After 6:02hr, we completed the run. The last SCSM run i ran with Kok Seng for the pacing team. This time round, Tao accompany me for the run. I couldn't have done anytime close to 6 hours if not because of her. Thanks Tao!

It has come a long time, i glad that i still manage to complete it within a decent time. It gives me a boost to the coming Disney Marathon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear all!

In 2008 just too late for joining. But this year I'll joining!

Cheers, Juergen