DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, July 28, 2005

SWIM & RUN ?

SWIM & RUN – New Balance Aquathlon…800metre swim and 5km run on 4th September 05

I don’t have a bike and the excuse for not taking part in OSIM or Pork Dickson Triathlon. This is a Swim and Run, and I have did it before in the pool and road a few months back, I think I should have no problem finishing it, except for the amount of seawater I gonna consume on that day…;) I ought to venture out and go for it.

Went for a swim yesterday at Queenstown Swimming Complex with Xuanjun. If not, I would have done the swim in Clementi instead. The feeling was different if you have kaki to swim with, even though she do her own kicking, whereas I am on the other pool doing laps. Meet some of the swimming kaki there, Mothar was there too….I guess it is time I go back for my Monday training…..

Did 1.5km swim for the first time after a long period. Dunno why, after a few laps, the engine warm up and I cruise through the remaining laps…I could have done more laps…as I find it require decent effort….maybe I am just having a good swim that’s all.

Tuesday went for speed workouts at Clementi Stadium. I had a good run, in terms of the timing, I wonder whether the watch battery required to be changed..;) Did 2km warm up, follow by 5x 800metres. It was good. An interesting event occurred was that there was this Indian guy(pretty stout) that was running laps…and I am on my last 800meter workout while I overtake him( I think he did a few laps prior), he does not like it and kick in & eventually it turn out to be a duet. I ran as fast as I could until I reached my 800 meter marks, whereas he continue for about 100 meters and slow down to his normal pace and continue with his routine. It is nice to have some competition to push you abit here and there to keep the motivation up.

My swimming is decent currently, i need to go back for training and push on to greater height...

No comments: