DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, July 31, 2005

DNF - Weekend Log (End July)

What is DNF? In running, it means Did Not Finish ...not a tag that any runner want to wear....;)

Saturday there were 4 of us running at Kallang/Esplande. Poh have decided to join us for a run. Even though it was only 10k, he had made a great adjustment, as he normally do only 5-6k. He finished around 1:08 which was very good indeed. Great run Poh.....

Due to the time factor, and i will like to make back roughly the same time as the rest of the folks, i can't run longer distance, but i can do more quality training instead. The intention was to run 20k maybe pushing to 22k. So i brought out my "camelbag" put in 3/4 litre of water and run with it.

Abit of histroy with the "camelbag"....i brought it a few months back when i am training for JP Morgan event. It is a "high serra brand" waterbag which i walked past Sports Connection at Bishan Junction 8 one day and saw it pretty reasonable price and since wanting to purchase one for so long(put off by the price tag), have decided to get it.

I use the waterbag to train on Macritchie Reservior 4.8km route. Due to the short distance, i don't really feel that great impact of carry the "camelbag" even though i have 1 litre of water then.

After witnessing another runner carry the waterbag and ran 16k on it a week before, it dawn on myself that i can put in some quality training on the shorter distance, thus the resurface of the "camelbag".

The aim on Saturday(LDR) was to run with the camelbag for 10km(back at the car), dump the bag and continue another loop(10km). Maybe next time push 20km with the bag....;) Let see how first lah...

After a short distance of 1-2km, i can feel the strain. My legs abit wobble. Maybe because i have not run with this weight for a long time, anyway i can still take it and since i have started running what can i do? I make the first loop(1ok) back at the car around 1:05hr, left the bag behind, take a few slip of H2O isotonic drink and just nice to run with Francis on the 2nd loop.

My body is abit tired. Even after the bag is taken off, i can still feel the weight within myself...maybe it is mental, maybe i have overstretch abit....i do not know. This feeling, i had experienced before in Army(when i did my ROD road march(42km)). I took up the 84mm Recoiless Rifle(plus the rest of my equipments) and walk with it for about 2km. After passing the weapon to another platoon mate, i continue to walk the other 2km to the next rest point. I have to struggle with the "weight" & it seem so strange that i am feeling that...

I was telling myself, this is going to be temporary and let run with it, the feeling should go away. I told Francis to continue forward, i need more time to recover. Somehow the heart and body just don't response so well. I took walk breaks trying to recover and slow jog to get the momentum back, but somehow it is not working. Looking forward another 9km to go. I have decided then that it is not worth pushing on and might get myself injury over. I have to stop and walk back to the car. I will survive to run another day.

Well DNF....it happens sometime.....but not like this....

Went with Francis and Simon to Kilinery Kopitiam at Raffles Hotel nearby for breakfast...brought 4D and off to Macpherson area for Mizuno warehouse sales. Difficult to find 02B unit leh...anyway find it and brought a pair of shoe(mizuno wave spacer)...the shoe damn lightweight...feel very shiok. Francis brought similair set too.....hehe.....unfortunately the running short does not have matching for the tops or else i would have purchase a set of running attire as well.....

No comments: