DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pool matters

I couldn't help noticing this old, small frame lady standing by the side of the pool.

She stares blindly across the pool. The way she looks kind of strange.

She come closer to the pool.

She back off further away from the pool.

I was doing my laps this morning in a furnace! The water is HOT! It was a bit stuffy and it is going to be a hot swim and the lane is reserved again. Sigh.

Don't felt comfortable inside the water. Seems like engine refuse to fire on. I have to slowly crawl forwards.

Then i notice her. I think she seems like first time coming to the water and afraid of the crowded pool. Hesitate to come in. I was thinking to myself, maybe i will go and invite her down to the water. But on the other hand, i was telling myself, not to be kaypo...just MYOB!

She bent down and take out her swim pant! OMG! I was speechless!

The first 3 sets have been breast stroke. On the 4th set onwards, add a free style to break the momentum. I wasn't feeling comfortable about it, sometime just need a jolt to get things going forward in a postive way.

The swim guards are equally puzzled and lost from their reaction.

She starts to walk abit bottomless!

A few ladies swimmers walk blindly pass her. One or two speak to her.

The reserved lane was removed by the time i reached 5th set. Since nobody is using it today. Strange. Even Alvin is not around this morning.

With more space, i felt slight unpressurised by the tight situation. Nobody like to swim in cramp pool. But during race, this is part and parcel of it. I don't really mind, just prefer to swim "alone" if given the choice.

She wear back her swim short.

One elder gentlemen bring her to the side of the pool and get her into the water.

She starts to swim, though slow. Can see that she is comfortable in the water.

The swim becomes pretty mechanical. Finished the hot swim in 53mins for a 2km distance. Good enough for today.

Maybe one day i will be like that old lady...sitting by road side/park stare blinding. I hope i be long gone by then.

It was back in the pool again. It has been raining much of the morning and the pool is pretty empty as compare to the morning.

I was out with the intention to drink some water with the drills.

A good 400 meters to start off the warm up, with someone unknown next to me pushing me forward.

Took a breather and start to do a bit of drills slowly and try to pay attention to the stroke and listen to the bubbles and body movement.

Spent 40mins of it. Felt make a bit of progress. Cool.

2 comments:

Hua said...

Seems that you had a great swim! Thank you for being an active voice in the running community. I am the Director of Blogger Relations at Wellsphere and I believe that you would be a valued resource in our HealthBlogger Network, which currently has over 2,600 of the best health writers on the web.

After reviewing your blog, I see that you meet our standards joining, so I'd like to invite you to participate as a Top Health Blogger. As a Top Health Blogger, you would republish your writing on the Wellsphere platform (now with over 6 million visits a month), and yet you retain ownership and all rights to the control of your content.

If this opportunity interests you, please visit http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger or email me at hua [at] wellsphere [dot] com.

Have a wonderful day,

Best,
Hua
Director of Blogger Networks

blacksheep said...

i hope i'll be gone by then too.