DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, December 27, 2009

MR 25 Ultra 2009

I have a good rest. In fact from Jan till Dec 09. A good 11 months rest for the body, soul and whatever that encompass.

Too many events, one after another didn't allow the body to rest. More importantly didn't allow the mind to lose focus and allow the opportunity to slack.

Along the way, i have gained quite a few kgs and lost a few strides. It was dissappointing, but given the quantity/quality of workouts. These should be expected. When it does happen, it is hard to accept though.

In order to move on with lives, i have to step out of the comfort zone and venture back to area that it hurts. I shouldn't let the setback discourage me from doing things that i used to do. It could be worst, take heart and move on.

Today Ultra will be a stepping stone for something bigger. I am glad everything goes smoothly. The hours that put in didn't goes to waste. Things could have turn ugly.

Lap 1: 1:30(with rest period)
Lap 2: 1:30(with rest period)
Lap 3: 1:30(with rest period)
Lap 4: 1:35(with rest period)
Lap 5: 1:31(with pang sai break at ranger station)
Total: 7:36:05(watch). Offical 7:36:35


Started the run with Buay, Kayano and Burnz together on the first loop. I was surprised when i came out of the wood in 27min. Wow, it is abit too slow! I intend to run 1 or 2 loops non-stop. But in this first loop. I have started to walk up the slopes...i was thinking to myself - this is going to be a long day ahead. Finished the loop around 1:22hr, grab a can of isotonic drink and eat some bread and proceed to start the next lap at 1:30hr

This round, i am running with Burnz and SK(most of the way). We chat and taking turns to lead a steady pace. Came out of the wood in 27min. Decent enough, and proceed to complete another run in 1:24hr, goes through the same procedure as last lap and start the next set at 3:00hr

Continue to run with Burnz on most of the lap. Saw Gen inside the wood. She have a fall and seems to get some bruises, someone is attending to her and we move on. Came out of the wood in 28min. This lap should be the start of fatigue creeping in. Surprisingly it didn't arrive. Broke off with Burnz at the training area(2.4km point) and proceed back. He just behind me when i finshed the set in 1:26hr. Took grapes, isotonic drink, electroyle etc. Proceed to start the next set
at 4:30hr


This round, Francis pace me for 1 round. I have jio him and didn't believe he will turn out! Well, thanks to Francis, i have something to keep me accompany for this lap. I expected this lap to be the toughest of all the laps. When Francis clearing the path and warning of any pending slopes in front. It wasn't that bad. 29mins to clear out of the wood. Reached end point in 1:30hr. No aches, no cramps, just tired. Started the last loop at 6:05hr

Still feeling good and strong and on the last loop. I am game to try and hit towards 7:30hr finishing. Armed with my trusted Mp3, i ran with a spring and good spirit towards the wood. I know i am putting in some considerable effort on this lap. Left hamstring, like showing sign of cramping. Even the right side of neck is showing symptoms. Soon, the shoulder bade are starting to tell me a different story. Came out of the wood in 29mins and feeling still feeling "high" as i have manage to overtaken a few runners on this stretch..and most importantly..over U*******.

I was thinking of skipping the toilet break at ranger station and proceed and save time...but when i am just to reach ranger, i felt like tummy need a release. No choice, not to take risk and proceed to the toilet to pang sai. Ok...when it is time to go, it is time!

With this toilet break, the chances of hitting 7:30hr has vanished. I have to start overtaken those that i have left behind on this lap earlier again. I am tired and have to resort to the trusted run/walk strategy from there onwards. Crossing one turn/slope after another for the very last time. Slow and steady I manage to reached the MR carpark again. I have Enver and pheckleng waiting for me . I stopped for a while before proceed to finish the run in 1:31hr. Time checked 7:36hr.

It is a good milestone for me after Jan 09. Time to built up on it and see how far i can go next year.

Thanks to the supporter, without your precious time/$/effort. It would have been slightly more challenging to complete the laps.

1 comment:

Ice said...

Hey Uncle - glad to hear the run went really well. Met with Joanne, Clare and Chu Ming. No sight of you....too fast for me!!! Maybe see you for a run before I leave :)