DaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hari Raya Ride

I just couldn't find any excuse not to run ride this morning. This show how weak the mind is currently.

After yesterday 18km run, body didn't really response negatively, but the thought of 28km tomorrow. Shrugged.

I sms the guys to move ahead without me as i will be late. Procrastinate to get moving! :(

I reached there slightly after 5:10am. I was surprised to see them still arrived. We left 5:14am.

Rather strange. The pace seem slow along old upper thomson road.

I was alone on the way towards LCK. Did a loop and surprise to meet up with the group resting along the "highway"!

We are off soon again. Seem pretty tired. I stopped at Kranji toilet to fill up the bottle. Distance 50km.

I was still deliberating whether to do the another loop at Mandai...when i take a look at speedo, i was surprised to see the average is 20km+ which is 2km slower than norm. Sigh.

That make the decision to make easier as i make my way into Seletar. No loop today.

I did venture into lower Pierce toilet as per plan. It is the first time cycling there. I can say the slopes are steeper than norm, but since shorter distance, i can still managed it. Maybe with a few more rides, i will be better prepare for it.

I should do this route more often in the future as part of the training.

Meet up with the group for makan at Casaurina area. Have a good chat.

We left and all separate for home.

Distance: 80.3km
Time: 3:52:10hr
Max: 40km/hr
Avs: 20.6km/hr

Time to rest for a tough run tomorrow.

No comments: